Use this book to help support your child's reading fluency! By reading these songs with your child, they will gain many benefits, including:
1. Give an opportunity for repeated reading, which helps to develop their fluency.
2. Have your child find rhyming words and word structure by reading this already familiar text.
3. By talking about what some of these words mean, you will help your child’s vocabulary development. This helps comprehension in other types of reading.
4. You can also look for word work opportunities. (contractions, compound words, etc.)
5. For developing higher-level thinking skills, try to compare and contrast two of the songs.
6. Find the settings and viewpoints expressed in the songs.
7. Above all, enjoy reading to and with your child!