Help Section Contact Us
- Why Bookemon?
- What's New at Bookemon
- Your Bookemon Account
- Book product offerings - price and formats
- Create Quick and Easy
- Make Book from Template
- Online Book Builder
- Publish a Book
- Journals and Journal Book
- Book Earnings Program
- Referral Program
- Personal Bookstore
- edCenter Bookstore
- Order Related
- Educator Program
- Creative Author Press
Share Books & Media
- Sell Your Books to Others
- Bookemon bCloud
- edC bCloud
- edC Bulletin Board
- What is bPage?
- Collaborative Bookmaking
- FAQ/Common Questions
- Bookemon Membership Agreement
- Bookemon GOLD Terms & Conditions
Make Book from TemplateMake a Book
Create a Book
Edit a Book
Publish a Book
Make New Edition
Book Builder Functions
Add a Page
Add Pages from a Document
Use a document page as the Front Cover (same process for back cover)
Enter & Edit Text
Media Resources for Book Design
Frame a Photo
Remove Frame from Photo
BM Library - Bookemon Book Page Templates
Collection of Book Pages
Make a Book
Bookmaking ProcessTo make your own book at Bookemon involves the following steps:
1. Choose a template to Create your book.
2. Use our online book builder to design, Edit and Upload media for use in your book.
3. When finished with your design and editing, review your book pages and covers carefully and then proceed to Publish.
4. Further inspect your book pages either online or download the book page and book cover print ready file for detailed review before approving it for publication.
Create a BookClick the "Create" link in the top navigation bar near the top of the screen and you will be directed to where you can choose various options to begin your book project.
Select one of the three options and click "Create Now" to start:-
Option 1: Start with a blank template
Option 2: Create from documents - support Word, PDF and PowerPoint files
Option 3: Start with a pre-designed template: Click the "Select the template" button next to the template
and product format you have chosen to start.
Entering book information on Product Information Page
Enter the book title, subtitle (optional), author's name,
tags (simple words/phrases to describe your book to make it easier for you and others to find your book at Bookemon), book description, and author's bio.
Book Privacy: Decide how you wish to share your book. Under the Privacy setting, you can make your book available to the Public, Friends Only, or keep it Private (Default) so only you or someone you invited can access your book.
Edit a BookEditing your book:
To edit your book, click on "Edit" or "Edit Book" command next to the title of your book under My Books of your myHome page or on the right panel of the book profile page when you click on the title of your book. This will direct you to the online book builder to work on your book project.
Within the builder, you can Upload and add photos, clipart, documents into the book and use the book builder miscellaneous functions to design and edit the book the way you want.
book profile page:
Publish a BookPublish means Print Production Ready Only:
Unlike traditional publishing industry terminology, "Publish" at Bookemon simply means getting your book to be ready for print production.
You will be able to control the privacy of your book in terms of its access and who can purchase it.
During Publish you will be asked to inspect your book for typos, design issues and mistakes you would like to correct before approving it for print production.
We would strongly recommend that you use the "Print Preview" function within the book builder to carefully review your page designs, text content and placements of image/text/photo objects prior to initiating Publish.
Publish process does:
- Book Web Profile - enter relevant book and author info to be displayed on the web profile page of your book.
- Copyright Information - enter additional legal language, acknowledgement and author information that will be printed on the copyright page of your book.
- Add page number - in case you didn't add page numbers while editing your book, you can choose to add page numbers during Publish.
- Determine the cover type if the dimension has both hard cover and soft cover offerings.
- Set up author profit if you as an author want to sell your book to others
- Set Privacy - You will also need to set the Privacy for your book in order to control who can access and purchase your book. Please make sure you set it to Private or Friends Only if you do not want the book to be available to the public.
- If you have already purchased Creative Author Press (CAP) package, you can apply CAP code to include the ISBN onto your title.
- Book Files Inspection - this is a critical step for you to carefully inspect the pages and covers of your book to make sure you are completely satisfied with it before you approve it for print production. You also have the option to download your book page and book cover print ready files onto your PC for detailed inspection. Please make sure you take the time and effort to inspect your book!
Make New EditionMaking corrections to your published book:
A book once published cannot be edited. However, you can use the "Make new edition" function to replicate your published book into a new edition. Then, you can freely make corrections, changes or personalize the new edition.
Making hardcover or softcover edition:
You can also use the "Make new edition" function to create a softcover or hardcover version of your published hardcover or softcover book.
That way, you will be able to have both a softcover and a hardcover edition of your book that you can purchase and/or send as gifts. Changing the format of your book:
Depending on the format of your book (not available to all formats), you may be able to create a new edition of your book in a different format. When you use "Make new edition", other format options, if available, will be presented to you for your selection.
Delete BookIf you use the feature "Make New Edition" to revise a published book, change book product, or any other reason, you may want to delete the older version once a new one is created.
Here are the steps to delete a book:
1. Click myHome
2. Click My Books
3. Click the title of the book to be deleted
4. On the book profile page, find the section "Manage", "Delete Book" can be found. It is in RED color.
Book Builder FunctionsMost of the book builder functions are organized under 3 top menu bars:
1. Page Tools
2. Book Tools
3. Publish Tools
4. Image Box Editing
To edit an image box placed on a page, click on the image and an Edit Menu together with Rotate and Scale handles will be displayed as shown below.
5. Frame a Picture
To frame a picture or photo, you can click the picture, then find "format" on the edit menu at the top of the image box, choose Frame Design and it will lead you to many possible frame options.
The Edit Menu on top of the image box has the following functions:
- Copy – lets you copy the image box and its content to be paste onto another spot on the current page or other pages using the Paste function under Page Tools.
- Format – lets you scale the photo within the image box, choose a frame and border design for the image box.
- Order – lets you change the order (forward or backward) of the image box you are editing in reference to other image or text boxes at the same location of the page.
- Delete – delete the current image box and its content.
Rotate – The Rotate handle on the right side of the image box lets you rotate the entire image box to the orientation that you desire on the page. To rotate, click and hold the Rotate handle and then rotate the image box.
Re-Size – The Re-Size handle on the right bottom corner of the image box lets you change the size of the image box on the page. To size up or down of the image box, click and hold the Re-Size handle to adjust the size of the image box as you desire.
In addition there are miscellaneous short cuts next to the menu sections at the top.
Add a PageUnder Page Tools you will find "Add Page". There are 4 options available:
1. Blank Page - A blank page will be inserted after the current page position.
2. Add Page using default background - If you have chosen a specific background (either in color or with an image) and set it as default background, then the new page added will have the same background.
3. Add Page using default page design using bPage - If you have used the "Save as bPage" function to save one of your book page as default page design, then you will be given the option to use the default bPage as the design of a new page added.
4. Add Copyright page - If you have somehow deleted the copyright page included in the book initially, you can add it back into your book with this function. The copyright page will be added and placed at Page 2 position.
Add Pages from a DocumentYou can use pages from a Word, PDF or PowerPoint file into your book as book pages, You can start from "Add Doc" under Page Tools or "Documents" tab on the left.
1. Find the icon "Add Doc" and click it;
2. Click the button "Upload" on the media library of Document tab;
3. Once the file is uploaded, you can see the document icon with a green " + " at the corner.
Click the green " + "
4. check the pages needed or click "Select All" to apply the pages into your current book.
Note: In order to have your book pages look the closest as in your document, please make sure the document paper size is set the same as the dimension of your selected book.
Use a document page as the Front Cover (same process for back cover)Click Front cover page to make it display on the central stage.
Select the document you've uploaded and click on the green "+" button as shown. You will be presented with various options to add selected or all of the pages in your document into the book.
Unselect all the pages except the page that you want to use as your cover.
Make sure the check box is checked if you want to use selected page as the cover:
Book PriceYou can get an estimate on the cost of your book in bookstore quality print by using the "Price Book" function under Book Tools.
Book PrivacyTo change the Privacy of your book, use the "Privacy" function under Book Tools.
Change FormatIn limited situation, we do provide you with the ability to change your book to a different book format (size and color) after it has been created. Please note that this option is not available for all book formats. Use Change Format under Book Tools to see your options:
Copyright"Copyright" under Book Tools is a short cut to edit or add your copyright page.
Enter & Edit TextTo enter and/or edit text on page, click on text box where you want to enter/edit text and its Edit Menu bar will be displayed. Click on "Edit" to enter the Text Editor.
If there isn't a textbox placed onto the page already, simply add a Text box by using the "Add Text" function under Page Tools.
Page BackgroundAccentuate your book page by adding a background color or background image using the "Background" function under Page Tools.
Print PreviewWhile you are working on your book, it is a good practice to use "Print Preview" located as a short cut on the Top Menu Bar. This will let you view your book pages close to how it will be printed in print production.
Media Resources for Book Design
All of your media resources in the form of Photos, bPages, Book Pages, Clipart and Documents are conveniently organized under My bCloud for you to access and use to builder your book. This will include all of the media you have uploaded or added to the Bookemon site as well as media from contributors of your bCloud.
In addition, under BM Library, you will be to access Bookemon's free to use, page design templates, clipart libraries and background images to help you in your book design.
Add PhotosAdd photos to your book page:
1. Go to the Photos section under My bCloud. Select one photo or multiple photos using check box.
2. Then use your mouse to Drag N' Drop one of the checked photos anywhere on the book page. If there is one, you can place it exactly into an image box already on the page, drag the photo inside the frame of the image box and then drop it in. If there are multiple checked photos, once you release the mouse on the page, all the checked photos will be placed automatically onto the image boxes on the page. You can move the boxes around based on your need.
Upload clipart for use in your book: Click on More under the Clipart section of My bCloud to add more clipart for use in your book design. You will be able to upload one or more clipart in GIF, JPG or PNG formats into your book; your own clipart will be organized under the My Books folder.
Add your clipart to a book page: Go to the Clipart section of My bCloud. Choose from either the Sort by Books folder or the Sort by Time folder to locate the clipart you like to use. Then use your mouse to Drag N' Drop it anywhere onto the book page.
Bookemon Library: Bookemon provides you with a free to use library of clipart to help you design your book under the BM Library Tab. You will find a variety of clipart classified under different categories and you are free to use them in your book.
Upload documents into your book: You can use Word, PDF or PowerPoint documents as content in your book. To add documents for use in your book, use the "Upload" function under the Documents section of My bCloud. To use an existing document in your bCloud, choose from either the Sort by Books folder or the Sort by Time folder to locate the documents you like to add into your book.
Add a document as book pages:
Select a document and click on the + button as shown. You will be presented with various options to add selected or all of the pages in your document into the book. If you are currently viewing the front or back covers of your book, you will be given additional options to replace the current cover design with a page from your document.
Frame a PhotoTo frame a picture or photo, you can click the picture, then find "format" on the edit menu at the top of the image box, choose Frame Design and it will lead you to many possible frame options.
Remove Frame from PhotoTo remove a frame from a picture or photo, you can click the picture, then find "format" on the edit menu at the top of the image box, choose "Remove Frame Design"
Use bPageWhat is bPage?
bPage is a standalone page created with your writings, photos and graphic using Page Builder. You can also save a book page as bPage. bPage lets you capture a page design for use in another book or share with your friends. You can create a bPage before you are ready to build a book. You can also contribute a bPage to your friend's book.
Save the current page as bPage
If you want to save the current page design for future use, you can click the icon "Save As bPage" on top of the builder.
If you want all the newly added pages to start from this bPage from now on, you can set it as default bPage.
When you add new page, select "Add page using default bPage"
Select a book page and save as a bPage
1. Go to the left panel "Book Pages"
2. Find the book page(s) that you want to save as bPage for future use
3. Click button "Save as bPage"
Add Page using default bPage
If you have already set a default bPage, you will have the option when you want to add a new page.
BM Library - Bookemon Book Page TemplatesBookemon provides you with a free to use library of Book Page Templates to help you design your book. Organized under BM Library, you will find a variety of Book Page Templates under different categories that you can freely use in your book. Please note: In order to insure proper printing, only page design templates that are compatible in size and orientation will be available in your book. As a result, the number of templates available at the Template section under the BM Library will vary depending on your book format.
Using Book Page Template in your book:
You have two ways to use the templates in the design of your book.
1. Replacing the current book page with the template: Select the template you like to use, click on the thumbnail of the template and you will be prompted to confirm that you would like to replace the current book page using the template design instead.
2. Adding a new page with the template design: Select the template you like to add into the book, click on the + button as shown and you will be able to add a new page into the book using the template design you have selected.
bPage: Save page(s) for repeated use in your book design
If you have a page design that you would like to use in all of your books, you can use the "Save As bPage" function under Page Tools menu in the book builder. Once a page has been saved as bPage, it will be available to you in the bPage section under My bCloud.
Select a bPage as Default bPage: If you intend to use the same page design for your entire book, then the Set as Default function will save you time when you add new pages into the book. When you use the Add Page function in the builder, you will be able to use the Add Page Using Default bPage option.
Collection of Book Pages
To facilitate re-use of your book pages, we have provided you with a collection of book pages in the Book Pages section of My bCloud. All of book pages in your books that are compatible in size and orientation with the current book will be available to you. You can also save book pages as standalone bPage(s) which you can use as page template for future book design or to share with your friend’s book project as a contributor.